Nine Self-Permissions To Stay Healthy During CrisisShare via
“We are in this together” seems to be the anthem of Covid-19. But what does it really mean? Here are nine self-permissions to help you fully experience the gift of compassion during crisis and beyond.
- Your feelings matter. They are an important sign of how you are doing.
- Showing vulnerability doesn’t mean you are weak. It means you deserve to be supported.
- How someone responds to you doesn’t define you. You are valuable and your experiences are valid.
- Your contribution matters. It’s OK to share your ideas and get creative.
- It’s OK to ask for help. We don’t need superheros, we need partners.
- It’s OK to fail forward. Learning curves are everywhere. Now is the time to fail often and fail forward.
- Your boundaries matter. The tighter we live and work, the more important this is.
- It’s OK to say NO. That’s how you respect your own boundaries.
- You deserve forgiveness. You will mess up under stress. Give yourself grace.
Once you get comfortable giving yourself these permissions, try giving them to others too.
Copyright Next Element Consulting, LLC 2020
Want to learn more about compassionate leadership during disruption and change? Attend our free drama-resilience webinar.