Compassion in MarketingShare via
This site analyzed a million headlines and here’s what they found.
If you want to get noticed, include the phrase “will make you” in your headline.
This was by far the most engaging, over twice as sticky as the second-place headline.
This is why
- In the endless clamor for attention, the most effective tactics play to our base instincts.
- People are looking for an easy fix. Even better, a solution where they don’t have to do anything.
- People generally don’t want to accept that they are 100% responsible for their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. So they are easily seduced by a superhero who promises to take it on.
This path leads to disappointment, dependence, resentment, blame, and desperation.
Compassion in marketing looks like this
- Hook people by appealing to their best selves
- Promise and deliver solutions that empower
- Ask your customers to share responsibility for results
- Stay true to your core values in every headline you publish
This path leads to connection, innovation, trust, loyalty, and enthusiasm.
Copyright Next Element Consulting, LLC 2019