For Leaders, Every Day Is Election Day
Nearly 160 million people voted in the 2020 United States presidential election. That’s 20 million more than four years ago. 66.4% of eligible voters turned out, which is the highest since 1900. We showed up!
- We are passionate.
- The issues we are facing are significant and impact us personally.
- Those seeking election worked their tails off to earn our vote.
I’m proud of my country for this.
So now what? We did our part. Now it’s time for you to do your part. It’s time to show up like you are earning my vote again every day. Even better, how about showing up like you are still trying to earn the votes of everyone who voted against you.
Every leader, no matter how you ended up in that role, every day is election day. You have an obligation and opportunity to show up and serve your people. All of them.
Compassionate Accountability Questions for Leaders:
- How will you empathize with those who didn’t get their way?
- How will you manage your own feelings of disappointment, vengeance, fear, loss, and grief?
- How will you show humility so you can truly hear what people are saying?
- How will you lean on the strengths of those who see things differently?
- How will you tune in to the real needs and feelings beyond the bluster?
- How will you stand up against division and seek common ground?