Leadership At The End Of The Day
Select which questions from this list are most important for you. At the end of the day…
- Have I used my time productively?
- Have I accomplished important things?
- Have I learned something useful?
- Have I helped others become more capable?
- Have I made a positive difference?
- Have I advanced my values?
- Have I acted with integrity?
- Have I earned respect without instilling fear?
- Have I nurtured relationships that I care about?
- Have I taken care of me?
- Have I asked for what I want?
- Have I maintained my personal boundaries?
- Did we have fun?
- Did I make any new connections?
- Did I discover something new and interesting?
- Did I find a creative solution to a problem?
- Did I take the time and space I needed to recharge?
- Did I take time to imagine the possibilities?
- Did I make the decisions required for my role?
- Did I ask for direction when I needed it?
- Have I done something exciting?
- Did we seize opportunity?
- Did I challenge myself?
- Did I use my special skills to help others rise to the occasion?
From the questions you selected as important for you, identify the ones for which you can say YES on a daily basis. Describe how you get to YES.
If you did not answer YES to any of your important questions, describe what’s getting in your way.
What will you do tomorrow to turn the NO answers into YES answers? What help will you ask for from others?
Interview someone else about steps 1-4.
The foundation for leadership is arranging to get your psychological needs met every day in healthy ways. This way you can show up positive and productive and help others do the same.
At the end of the day, people who find the YES to their questions are happier and healthier. Teams who help each other find their YES are more engaged and productive.
Learn the science behind these questions in my new book, Seeing People Through: Unleash Your Leadership Potential with The Process Communication Model.
Book Your Next Keynote Speaker
Author and Co-founder of Next Element, Dr. Nate Regier is available to speak at your upcoming event.Submit a Speaker Request